You Missed It
- I was a part of the inaugural Stephen’s Angels hosted by Broadway World’s Stephen Hanks on May 14th! It was a great night and the ladies were all fabulously talented! Looking forward to the next one.
- Filming of my commercial for BigPictureAdvisor.com is complete! It was a fun shoot. Check back for the footage in about a month. A big thank you to the director James Papadopoulos and the crew for creating such a fun place to work for a day!
- I was asked to perform in the innagural Cookie’s Corner show at the Laurie Beechman Theatre on January 27th. Cookie Stark in collaboration with Eric Michael Gillett created a show that will be ongoing and will spotlight new talent. Doug Silver and I performed three songs one of them being our new song Victoria Peak. Karen Feld of the Time Square Chronicles said this, “Jodi Beck and her musical director, Doug Silver, wrote “Victoria Peak” about her time in Hong Kong. It was a bitter sweet song about seeking wisdom that she sang in a strong voice with credibility.”
- My show on November 5th was such a joy! We had the world premiere of two songs Doug and I wrote together and we also came together to do our small part to help the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Together we raised $655 which was donated to the Mayor’s Fund Hurricane Relief. We also collected 25 cans of food, 9 boxes of pasta, some chocolate bars! and 5 blankets. They were all put on a truck and sent out to the people of the Rockaways. Thank you all for your generosity and your spirits- it made performing for you all the more worthwhile. We had some technical difficulties with the recording so there is no full video, but I may be able to post a few songs.
- I had the pleasure of performing in the first Cabaret Cares of the 2012-2013 season. We raised money for the wonderful charity Help Is On the Way which supports kids living in NYC with HIV and AIDS. I got to sing two songs, and support a great charity all in one night- it was delightful!
- I was cast and starred in a short film by the talented director Praveen Koval as Maria. Currently in post production I should have a trailer in the coming weeks!!
- I was honored to take part in the Metropolitan Room’s 2012 MetroStar Talent Challenge. I made it through to the top 10! I had an amazing time. I learned a lot and met some really great people.
- I performed at the Laurie Beechman Theatre as a part of Showstoppers– Broadway Rocks! It was a benefit concert to raise money for the Actors Equity– Singer’s Forum Scholarship Program. The program gives scholarships to AEA members for voice lessons. And we all know in this city how expensive that can be.
- A big THANK YOU to everyone who came out to see my last show! We sold out the Duplex! It was an absolute joy to be back onstage sharing my songs and stories with all of you, and I’ve posted the entire video on Vimeo for anyone who didn’t have the chance to come. I hope you enjoy!
- I was honored to take part in Sondheim: The Birthday Concert with the New York Philharmonic at Lincoln Center. It was an absolute joy to sing “Sunday” from Sunday in the Park with George with such a great group of people to celebrate Stephen Sondheim’s 80th birthday! It made him cry!
- I am continuing to study at the Singers Forum through Actor’s Equity Association scholarship program with Eric Michael Gillett.
Never Gonna Be Easy- Debut Album Release Show at the Laurie Beechman Theatre located downstairs of the West Bank Cafe at 407 West 42nd Street, NYC Saturday, June 8th at 7:30pm
Photos and album design by Ahron Foster.
Call 212-695-6909 for reservations. $20 cover, $15 minimum.
We made it! Never Gonna Be Easy has become a labor of love and I cannot wait to share it with all of you! It was never easy, but momma always said the things that are worth it never are! We will be performing the 7 tracks from the album and 6 more tunes- some you know, some you might not, but all tons of fun. It’s gonna be a great show, a great time and a perfect way to celebrate this achievement made possible by Doug Silver, the fabulous musicians, Kickstarter, all of you and all the amazing people I’ve met on this journey! Come out, come play, come celebrate!